Fri, 28 Apr|
Ecstatic Dance Whitstable
Ecstatic Dance is all about dancing like no one is watching you; dancing without the judgment of others and dancing without limits.
Time & Location
28 Apr 2023, 19:00 – 22:00
Whitstable, Umbrella Centre, 10 Oxford St, Whitstable CT5 1DD, UK
About the Event
This is an opportunity for free-form movement and dance in a chat free zone. You can dive deeply into the heart and body, connecting and expressing, letting go and having fun. Combing an inspiration of fusion club culture and active meditation, this is not one to be missed.
What to Expect
- A warm welcome with an energising Siberian Ginseng Tea
- An heart opening Cacoa Ceremony with an opportunity to land in the space and set intentions
- A short calming breathing excercise to lead you in to the dance
- A conscious and diverse musical journey with a range of tempos. With a great soundsystem and live DJ
- A vibrant room filled with colourful lighting, incense, candles
- People who love dancing!
- A relaxing and vibrational Sound Bath to ground and relax you after dance.
- Opportunity to stay for optional tea
There will be amazinging musical rhythms that will keep you dancing from beginning to end. No prior experience is needed. All are welcome.
The good thing about Ecstatic Dance is that there are no expectations. No experience is required. You dance however you feel comfortable, without judgment.
There are only a few things to bear in mind when you’re joining an Ecstatic Dance:
- Please, no talking during the main dance. You can talk in the foyer area or kitchen
- Move however you wish, respect yourself and those around you
- Drug-Free, Smoke-Free, Alcohol-Free environment
- No photos or videos, Mobile phones muted and out of sight
- No spectating
- Shoes off to stay grounded
This is a journey from start to finish. Please arrive by 7.30pm at the latest. The doors will be locked and unfortunately there will be no entry after this point.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes that you can move in
- A bottle of water
- Bring an optional Yoga Mat and Blanket for the Sound Bath. You’ll be lying down, and your body temperature will drop as you relax, which is why a blanket is recommended.
- Children are very welcome but please be mindful not to disrupt other dancers.
- You may want to bring a healthy snack. We will also stock the kitchen with Bananas.
What to expect:
A warm welcome with an introduction to Ecstatic dance for anyone that is new.
The session will have a live DJ with an array of both melodic down tempo and upbeat songs to take you on a transformational journey. We put passion and energy into sourcing the music for the events and deliver an eclectic mix of genres. From tribal, afrobeats, to electronic and everything in between we aim to assist the natural flow of rhthym.
The venue must be fully vacated by 11pm.
There are a limited number of low income tickets on sale for those who are earning very little or on benefits. This is honesty based. If you are able to pay for the General Admission tickets please do as this will support the event greatly.
Contact Hannah on 07771362035 or email@example.com for any questions.
You Hosts for the evening...
Hannah works as a Psychotherapist, who incorporates holistic approaches and bodywork in to her practice. Hannah specialises in trauma reduction, overcoming barriers in relationships and addictive behaviours. Outside of her thereaputic roles, Hannah DJs with a love of deeply enriching and high vibrational music using dance for connection, rasing vibration and healing.
Charlottes work seeks to motivate you on the mental, emotional, physical and spiritual levels, aligning you to your body's natural intelligence and core power. Consider her a cosmic cheerleader if you will. Charlotte is an astrologer and also facilitates Kambo, Cacoa and Gong Bath Ceremonies at Ikigai Holistic and Shakti Den. Charlotte will be opening the March event with a heart opening Cacoa Ceremony and Closing with a deep vibrational Gong Bath. She will be DJing the April event.